If you’re eager and impatient and want the Android 2.2 on your Nexus one now? then follow the steps below to manually update Nexus One to Android 2.2.
Perform the following steps to install Froyo on Google Nexus One Phone:
- Download the Android 2.2 firmware for the Nexus One available here.
- Rename the file update.zip and copy it to your microSD card via USB. [Note: make sure the file is named update.zip and not update.zip.zip.]
- Power off your phone.
- Hold down the VOLUME DOWN button and power it back on.
- The phone will now search for files like PB00IMG.zip, etc. This is normal. Scroll down to recovery and press the POWER button.
- When you see the “/!\” symbol, press the POWER button and the Volume Up button at the same time. You should be presented with a menu and one of the options should be “Apply sdcard:update.zip”.
- Use the trackball to navigate to “apply sdcard:update.zip” and select it.
- When you see “Install from sdcard complete”, select “reboot system now”.
Enjoy and now you have Android 2.2 Froyo on your Nexus One and let us know what you think about Froyo.